Fishing Manitoba
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fishing Manitoba

Get all your local fishing reports without all the BS of unrelated fishing topics.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Favourite Spring Baits

Go down 
+3
stpierrefisher
Director
crappie_crusher
7 posters
AuthorMessage
crappie_crusher

Favourite Spring Baits Empty
PostSubject: Favourite Spring Baits   Favourite Spring Baits Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 8:19 am

Just wanted to start a thread so everyone can share their favourite baits and lures for spring fishing.

I have a couple favourite lures:

1. A medium sized skitter pop in frog colour. I just started using this lure last year and it is great. If you fish it properly it is a blast to see the pike and bass smash it on the surface

2. A medium sized x-rap in ghost whire or blue color. This bait is my fovourite to throw in shallow bays because it only dives about 4 feet. The hoohs are super sharp and is alost a 100% catch rate.

hope you guys will share your favorite baits too
thanks
Back to top Go down
Director

PostSubject: Tackle!   Favourite Spring Baits Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 10:02 am

Mine would have to be TUBES,Jerk baits and Spinner Baits.Oh and a little top water,,,,Smallmouths All The Way!!
Back to top Go down
stpierrefisher

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Spring Baits   Favourite Spring Baits Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 1:49 pm

good to see you got on director, i also enjoy popping topwaters in spring, i love the 4"-6" balsam rapala's for pike, seems to drive em crazy in spring
Back to top Go down
crappie_crusher

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Spring Baits   Favourite Spring Baits Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 4:50 pm

yah is a blast to see the fish smash topwater
Back to top Go down
mikefisher

mikefisher

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Spring Baits   Favourite Spring Baits Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 8:58 pm

mine is simple..... throw out until something bites it !!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
muskee

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Spring Baits   Favourite Spring Baits Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 7:34 pm

I like using skeeter pops too and the husky jerks also the top water cranks work well.

Muskee
Back to top Go down
crappie_crusher

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Spring Baits   Favourite Spring Baits Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 12:47 pm

surprised so many people like towater
I had never even used topwater since last year and is now by far my favourite type of fishing
Back to top Go down
zeus

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Spring Baits   Favourite Spring Baits Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 9:40 pm

Usually fish bottom feeders in early season. Cats= Always had most success with Shrimp. Sturgeon= Similar rig to catfish rig, usually bunch up crawlers on hook. Simple but effective. Wink Wink zeus.
Back to top Go down
Morden

Morden

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Spring Baits   Favourite Spring Baits Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 3:34 pm

When going for crappie, a light jig (1/16thoz) and a 2" Twister tail will usually be the first thing I toss out. Very versatile. (and cheap) Smile Great multi-species combo as well. My next "go-to" rig would be to float a very small bucktail (again, 1/16th oz) under a fixed float.

Other species....

Favorite rig - catfish rig.
Favorite spoon - 5 of Diamonds.
Back to top Go down
crappie_crusher

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Spring Baits   Favourite Spring Baits Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 5:04 pm

I agre with morden..

Thats how I caught the bigest ones last year
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Spring Baits   Favourite Spring Baits Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favourite Spring Baits
Page 1 of 1