Fishing Manitoba
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fishing Manitoba

Get all your local fishing reports without all the BS of unrelated fishing topics.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Boat electronics

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
crappie_crusher

Boat electronics Empty
PostSubject: Boat electronics   Boat electronics Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 8:22 am

i am looking into purchasing a fishfinder/gps for my boat. Have been looking into the garmin electronics but they are quite pricy

thanks for all imput
Back to top Go down
1600-FishHawk

Boat electronics Empty
PostSubject: Boat electronics   Boat electronics Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 10:27 am

I have a Lowrance LCX-27C on my boat,GPS /Sonar combo 7" screen works very well
Was about $1100 when I got it,don't know what they are now
Back to top Go down
crappie_crusher

Boat electronics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boat electronics   Boat electronics Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 4:53 pm

thanks for the reply
7 inch seems like a good size

am new to fishfinders
is that the average priced unit expensive ore cheap?
thanks
Back to top Go down
1600-FishHawk

Boat electronics Empty
PostSubject: Sornar   Boat electronics Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 5:26 pm

When I was looking ,I done as much research as I could on all sonars / Gps units.
I looked around for 3 months before getting the LCX27-C ,it had everything I was looking for.
As for price back then that was the average price for that size unit
My best advice is to read as much as you can and look for reviews on all the units you would be interested in.
Hope this helps
Back to top Go down
crappie_crusher

Boat electronics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boat electronics   Boat electronics Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 5:47 pm

okay
thanks for the info
Back to top Go down
crappie_crusher

Boat electronics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boat electronics   Boat electronics Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 12:49 pm

anyone else?
Back to top Go down
zeus

Boat electronics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boat electronics   Boat electronics Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 11:41 am

O.K. I have a Humminbird tri- beam on my boat. It serves me well. But Exclamation IT IS OLD TECHNOLOGY. Had it 9 years. If I were going new I would most likely go with somethig similar. I have a hand held GPS. Garmin 60csx. I find it serves all of my needs. Onboard my boat/on the ice/in the car/ I even take it over the pond with me. That can't be done with the fishfinder/gps. combined models. At least I don't think so.

Hope this helps. zeus. Question Question
Back to top Go down
stpierrefisher

Boat electronics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boat electronics   Boat electronics Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 8:32 pm

i also used a handheld gps unit along with a humminbird sonar without gps, it worked for me, but once i got a humminbird with gps it was night and day better, when marking spots and trying to stay on them in the wind, it is much simpler to see it all on your sonar unit than to have the handheld gps on your lap, i also have the garmen map 60 and its a great unit, but i the gps on sonar unit does a much better job of displaying exactly where i am and which way i am orientated in reference to the spot i marked. just my opinion, but i would definetly recommend sonar unit with gps instead of two units, handhelds have there place, i just don't think there place is trying to keep you on a spot while trolling slowly in the wind
Back to top Go down
stpierrefisher

Boat electronics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boat electronics   Boat electronics Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 8:34 pm

also for recomendation i would recomend anything by humminbird, i use one and love it, have never had a problem with it, just get colour, much easier to read in all situations, and get the biggest screen you can affoard, can never say enough for a bigger display screen
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Boat electronics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boat electronics   Boat electronics Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Boat electronics
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fishing Manitoba :: What's in your tackle box??? :: Electronics-
Jump to: